Teamlead UX/UI Design (m/f/d)
Share this job
Grow with us – Start your career at IU!
As the Teamlead UX/UI Design (m/f/d), you’ll be spearheading our design team, creating a seamless user experience for our advanced digital MarTech products. Seize this opportunity and support our Team in Munich or Hamburg or at one of our other locations or remotely across Germany.
- Providing leadership within the UX/UI design team, driving our design thinking culture forward and fostering a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Overseeing the recruitment, mentoring, and performance evaluations of the team to ensure their continual growth and development.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all design-related queries and concerns.
- Establishing, executing, and refining the UX/UI design process to maintain adherence to best practices and industry standards with timely delivery of projects of great quality.
- Coordinating with multidisciplinary teams including product management, branding, engineering, and QA to ensure designs fulfil business objectives and user requirements.
- Instituting and supervising user research and testing methods to validate design choices and collate feedback. Your role involves the ongoing refinement of the user experience.
- Defining long-term design strategies and vision for our products, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Conducting in-depth market analysis to identify industry trends and benchmark our performance accurately, fostering continual optimization.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience, with an emphasis on customer-centricity, UX, website development, and product management.
- Minimum two years of proven leadership skills, with experience in assembling and developing an accomplished design team.
- An in-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and their application to product development.
- Proficiency in accessibility principles, with a track record of designing for accessibility.
- Hands-on experience in creating wireframes, prototypes and user flows.
- Knowledge of various user research and testing methods, with a hands-on experience in user testing, including A/B testing.
- Mastery of both web and mobile design principles, with a portfolio showcasing your designs for both platforms.
- Familiarity with agile web development practices and methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban or LeSS / Agile Frameworks).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to derive insights, decisions, and action plans from data.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current UX/UI trends and a continuous learning mentality.
- Professional communicator capable of articulating design choices and trade-offs to a wide array of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- A high level of motivation, with the ability to motivate the team and prepare them for growth.
- A deep understanding of intercultural competence, complemented by excellent English language skills.
- Shape your career: Rapid growth opens many new opportunities for you. Tell us about your dream career and we’ll help you make it happen.
- Work from wherever you want …: Modern tools and video meetings make it possible: with IU, the boundaries between here and there blur. You want to work from abroad for a while? No problem thanks to our WorkFlex benefits.
- … and flexible time: It’s your job: We trust you and give you the greatest possible freedom to organize yourself.
- You have the choice: You are free to choose your equipment, because everyone has its own preferences when it comes to hardware.
- Take your knowledge to a new level: Benefit from a 100% discount on tuition fees for an IU combined degree in the tech sector and many other free training courses. There is always something new to learn.
- Get a good rest: we push ourselves every day to go above and beyond. But we also take the time to recharge our batteries: with 30 days of annual vacation for all employees. Need some time off? How about a sabbatical?
Join our UX/UI team at Germany’s largest university with over 120,000 students! If you thrive on challenges, possess an innovative mind, and have a passion for UX/UI design, we’d love to hear from you. You will have the unique opportunity to shape our product design strategy, leading a dedicated team of designers and making a significant impact.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Bernhard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Words are followed by actions: We take our “Culture Of Everyone” very seriously and would like to take this opportunity to expressly point out that you are welcome to join us, regardless of your origin, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation. Even if you have a disability, our doors are wide open to you. We look forward to a diverse community here at IU!